eSaude is a Mozambique based community focused on the development and implementation of a Mozambican specific configuration of the OpenMRS medical record software and the integration into a national eHealth architecture.
The initial objectives of the community are:
- to build collaboration among partners;
- to improve patient information management for programmatic and clinical care use;
- to support the adaptation of the Friends in Global Health (FGH) OpenMRS system to become eSaude and meet the needs of the broader community;
- to align eSaude with MISAU (MOH) national guidelines for patient-level systems;
- to support eSaude through the national certification process, and,
- to build Mozambican capacity in HIS development.